Friday, February 19, 2010

Family fun doesn't have to break the bank

I love my job more than anything, but it definitely has its "what was I thinking" moments. My only interaction during the day was with a child. And sometimes stir crazy was an understatement. It was more like "if I don't get out of the house now I'm going to jump off a bridge" crazy. So getting out of the house on the weekends was so very necessary to bring some balance back to my life.

We found some great family fun that was either free or pretty damn close. We started doing corn mazes in the fall. It averaged about $25 for our family to get in and have hours and hours of fun. We enjoyed it so much that our first year doing it we were corn maze champions. Yep...I'm bragging alright! We were the first to complete all of Maze Play's qualifying corn mazes in Georgia that year. It got us out of the house, it's cheap and truly fun for the whole family. We also discovered Letterboxing. This is completely free and so much fun. I won't get into too much detail since Google is so readily available. But let me just say it's like an extreme scavenger hunt. And once again fun for the whole family. The bottom line is, we didn't have to sit around and do nothing because we were pinching pennies. There is fun to be had by everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment