Thursday, February 11, 2010

Turn left on Broad Street, right on Main Street and Memory Lane is straight ahead.

I am compelled to take you back to October 16th, 2005. This is truly where my adventure begins. This is the day that Makenzie Elizabeth entered our lives with an ear piercing scream and a sucking reflex I could hardly satiate. But that screaming, sucking little bundle of joy was ours! I was now a mother of two demanding girls. And just as I was starting to enjoy a little of my own free time again, as my oldest was becoming more independent, my new baby swiped it right out from under me. Complaining...not really. It's just the reality of a mom with a newborn. No free time, no sleep, lucky to sneak in a quick shower and boobs that do nothing but hurt, get in the way and leak milk. Not to sound cliche, but she really was worth all of it.

When I was pregnant with her I worked all the way up to the very day that I had her. So, financially up to that point life was pretty good with mine and my husbands salaries combined. During my maternity leave I was certain I would go back to work when Makenzie was six weeks old simply because I didn't think we could make it otherwise. But the thought of putting my brand new baby in day care tortured me enough to say "No way!" So I did what I thought was unthinkable and I quit my job the day my maternity leave was over giving no choice but for our family of four to survive on the hubbie's salary alone. Was I scared? Shitless! Determined to make it work? Absolutely!

And so it begins.....

No comments:

Post a Comment