Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little About Me Before I Get To The Juicy Stuff

First things first...who I am. I will try not to bore you with too many drab details about who I call "me". I also go by mommy and my husband throws in a honey or baby every now and then. But the one constant name I have been called for the past 33 years and 3 months is Jessie, thank you mom and dad. I remember being a little girl wanting to change my name, but completely unaware of the money and legal work involved. So, Jessie on the day I was born and still Jessie today. The name has grown on me and quite frankly I think it fits.

As you can tell from above I am 33 years old. I have two daughters, Madeline 11 years old and Makenzie 4 years old. My husband and I are quickly approaching our 5th wedding anniversary. We live in a small Georgia town about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. I know what you are thinking now, but go ahead and remove any redneck or country folk stereotypes that may be running through your head. I am a Yankee transplant from Ohio and although my hubby was born and raised in GA you wouldn't know it unless I told you. My husband commutes everyday to Atlanta to do whatever it is he does (his uber geek language is difficult to understand so I won't even attempt to translate) for the MEP Firm he works for. And me, well I am a domestic goddess. At least that's what I call myself, but everyone else refers to my job as stay-at-home mom. Whatever you want to call me is fine, but the bottom line is that I love my job and I made some serious sacrifices to get the job. And those sacrifices and money saving tricks and whatever hell or joy I have gone through to keep my job is what I want to share in my blog. Because if I can do it, than anyone can do it.

Happy reading, I hope you enjoy, and I welcome any comments!!

2 comments:

  1. First subscriber & first comment! I'm glad you created a blog about what you do. It doesn't go unnoticed our family! I am lucky to have such a good Queen! Hopefully others out there can benefit from your secrets we see all the time!

    I Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog, Jessie! Domestic "goddess"??? I think John & I can agree on that!!!! Well, at least for me on my the "goddess" part!!! LOL Woo-Hoo! Looking forward for some more blogging from ya!
    Charles

    ReplyDelete